Sunday, March 18, 2012

"Shopping in Stinky Town" Pen and Colored Inks

I thought I'd post something a little bit different tonight. I did this drawing in Dec. and have just had it put away but thought I'd get it out for you to see. It's kind of a commentary on how we'll put up with anything or do anything to get to shop. LOL
here you  see the lady with her little handbag heading into a thoroughly polluted town to go shopping.
I'm going to put this one and some of the others up on ETSY soon and see if we can't find good homes for them.
This one is done on 9x12 Bristol vellum in pen and acrylic ink washes.
I like the intensity of color you get with these acrylic inks too. This is about as big a picture as I've done with them as they handle differently than say watercolors, and they do better on smaller pieces.
The colors on this one really are a lot more vibrant than the scan shows. 
I hope you like it and as always, please feel free to leave comments.

No comments: