Friday, March 16, 2012

"The Revealing" graphite drawing

Ok, here's another of the graphite pieces. I keep thinking I'll get these out of my "system" soon. LOL
They just keep coming though. I'm working on a bigger one now that will probably take a while to finish.
In "The Revealing", as I was drawing  I thought of something that I'd been hearing about on the forums and recently in an article on Zerohedge. About the Revealing. The uncovering of lies and deception. About how people are becoming more and more aware of the "man behind the curtain" the manipulation that's gone on of centuries, the slavery that this system of living forces people into just to survive.
I was thinking about how now we are finding out more and more about what actually goes on behind the scenes, in those secret meetings in the smoke filled rooms. I was thinking about the monsters inside the monsters, inside the monsters.
Anyway, I hope you like this newest piece.

It's again on 9x12 Bristol vellum, done in graphite with a touch or two of carbon pencil. Topped off with fixatif to keep it from smudging.
I'd love to hear what you think, feel free to leave a comment.

2 comments:

centralscrewtinizer said...

I am not sure how you sleep with those images, but better to get them out into the light of day I guess.
The lady at the bottom, you?, is almost pushed out of the frame by the monsters.
Takes me back to the famous triptych by Hieronymus Bosch.
First time commenting here.

pamela said...

Oh thank you so much for commenting! LOL it's so good to hear from others.
these graphite pieces are...weird, i'll be the first to admit it.
I'm taking a break from them for a bit LOL
Sometimes though, I just get this overwhelming urge to do these and so, I do them till I get them out of my system like you said.
I think they are revealing something, ideas or insights into things going on in the world and the fear of what's coming in the future.
thanks again for commenting!