Friday, March 9, 2012

Bug Bites

Thought I'd go ahead and post this new graphite piece while I'm thinking about it and have a bit of time.
This one was interesting, it started with the head and I saw what appeared to be a giant insect devouring it, and then saw the other insects. I've piddled with it for 3 days now. Sometimes it takes awhile, carrying it around, sitting in different places, different light, to see all there is to see.
I guess this one comes from my worry that genetically modified plants and even now insects, released into the world, will be one of those things with unintended consequences.
anyway, I'm thinking about doing a series of scans showing the progression of one of these kinds of drawings. That might be interesting. Maybe in the next post here I'll do that.
anyway, here is "Bug Bites".

kind of an analogy of man's science gone awry and coming back to bite us?
Do feel free to post any critiques. I'm always interested in how others interpret these particular drawings.

No comments: