Friday, November 14, 2008

From Capella at LATOC

This fascinating story was in the forum and I thought it was something you girls should read. It's by Capella at LATOC.
Get with it girls, time is passing quickly and next year is going to be rough for so many people.

Just a little anecdote from my time in Nova Scotia that I would like to share with you:

I was staying on a small organic farm which was run by Shambala Buddhists and just down the road from Dorje Denma Ling, a Shambala Meditation Centre. While I am not into Buddhism myself (and remain highly sceptical of any form of religion or rather religious institution), I very much enjoyed the company of those people and was impressed with their wisdom and insight. At one night I was invited to a party at the Dorje Denma Ling staff house and we had the wildest and most interesting discussions about oil, food and the world in general.

Someone mentioned what is said to have been the last words of Chögyam Trungpa, founder and former leader of the Shambala movement. "We have to grow our own food." At least that is the "official version". This could have been dismissed as the last sentiments of a dying man (who drank himself to death, BTW, a fact that followers of the Shambala teachings normally forget to mention). It is what he whispered after that, to weak for many people to hear, what turned those words into a dark and scary prophecy: "We have to feed the refugees."

This seriously have me the goose bumps when I first heard this and still replays like a strange, warning mantra over and over again: "We have to grow our own food. We have to feed the refugees."

No comments: