Thursday, January 24, 2008

Jan. 24, 2008


Up early again, still dark and not as cold which is good as it is sometimes hard to keep it warm in here when the temps are in the single digits.
Went to town today, actually yesterday. I try to go at least once a week and buy food. I couldn't believe how much food was going up. Even beans and rice and flour had all gone up since last shopping trip.
Will be glad when I can get out in the garden and at the very least supplement our food supply.

This print in 2 of 12. It is called, "Starving Woman being Attacked by Strange Germs" It was done with linoleum block printing technique.
I was thinking of what would happen in the future when food is in short supply and many more people are starving and extremely malnourished and then "the powers that be" release genetically altered pathogens into the system.
What then would happen?
Especially if our bodies are in no condition to fight off the infections?
I read recently that the bird flu, H5N1, is two mutations away from being easily spread between humans. Don't you wonder sometimes if there are people just waiting for the right moment to unleash this upon us?
I do.

1 comment:

Michelle In TN said...

Pam, I like your art.
It's cool. Some of
the germs look like sperm?
I guess that could be a germ.
Michelle