Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"It Fell with a Sound Like Screaming" New graphite Drawing p.a.turner

I finally finished this graphite piece last night and wanted to put it up to show you.
It's called "It Fell with a Sound Like Screaming"
Sometimes I'm not sure what to think of these particular drawings. They are so very different from my other pictures. One reason being they come about backwards. LOL
I start with a blank paper covered with graphite powder and "find" the picture that's in there. LOL
Mr. Nelson calls them "undrawings". I think that is a good way to describe them.
When I start one, there's no telling what will come out.
They create themselves as I go along with my gooey eraser looking for them.
Be sure to click on the image so you can see it close up. It's really quite detailed actually.
I'll write more about the process and all maybe later if anyone is interested in hearing about it, I just wanted to show you what one looks like.

No comments: