Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year !!!

Well girls, here we are at a new year. It's 2:30 a.m. here now, I fell asleep earlier and missed the magic moment but it seems to be 2009 none-the-less.
It was good to see my youngest daughter and grandson over Christmas, especially the doom shopping!
We went to the Save-A-Lot and bought a car load of storable food for her pantry so I would shut up about it. LOL
Sometimes it is good to nag.
She bought pasta and canned food, beans, rice, all kinds of dried side dishes like chicken and spanish rice and pasta sides. She got raisins and oatmeal and sugar and cooking oil! The amount was impressive and I feel a lot better about her being so far away knowing she at least has a start on her food stocks.
I gave her some vegetables I had dehydrated from the garden too.

Now, if I can just get my eldest daughter stocked up, I'll finally be a little happier.
I sure wish they both lived closer to us here so I could keep an eye on them and help them more.

Something interesting happened this afternoon, neighbor came to the door and I looked out and there were all these guys in black leather with hair wandering around in the front of the building. It was a band that wanted to know could they take pics in front of the mill and garden for their cd cover. I asked what kind of music, they said rock, I said cool.
Here's a youtube video of theirs I found. Music could be darker, but that's ok, dude has good hair. LOL

Surviving Salem



Happy New Year girls!!

No comments: