Wednesday, November 5, 2008

An Amazing Night




Well girls, looks like we got ourselves a new president.
I know you girls voted and I'm proud of you and proud of our country.
Last night, when I watched all those people in Grant Park and in gatherings around the country, I remembered why I have always loved this country.
Having grown up in Georgia with whites only dry cleaners, and water fountains and schools, it meant a lot to me to see us do the right thing finally.
When I saw all those happy black faces with tears streaming, I was so proud for them and for all of us. I had happy tears too and believe maybe that old way of thinking is finally blessedly dead.
Thank God.
There are still hard times ahead of us but at least now we can face them with a spirit of hopefulness and not be afraid.

love,
mom

No comments: