Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Terrible Angels


Jan. 13, 2008

I have painted, drawn and done woodcarvings for many many years, but about 4 years ago I began to do work that was unlike anything I had done previously.
They were frantic abstract colorful works done in watercolor, ink, sometimes oil pastel, or acrylic.
Strange images that I was being almost haunted by.
I would work for hours, sometimes all night and into the next day where I was trying to show pictures of a feeling I was having.

I painted like crazy and ended up with I think about 15 paintings that I knew I wanted to do something with, but couldn't figure out what. My family encouraged me to take them to the art gallery and see if what they thought about them. After agonizing over it for what seemed like forever, I did.
They were very encouraging and put the paintings in right away and many of them sold.
I have been taking my work there and putting it up since.

I am still trying to figure out how to do this blog, I'm not very computer up-to-date, unfortunately. Here is where my work is currently being shown.

Nelson Fine Art Center
324 E. Main Street, Johnson City, TN 37601
Phone: (423)926-2931

1 comment:

Moondoe said...

Your work is Awesome. It just keeps getting better and better.I never get tired of looking at your work.Never stop painting, it is definetly your gift.