Saturday, March 31, 2012

"Some Will Watch From Below" OSWOA pen and watercolor

This, is one of my recent favorites. It's 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 +- pen and watercolor on Bristol vellum.
It's the size of a postcard. OSWOA means, other small works of art, and you can find lots of smaller pieces like this on ETSY. Just search for OSWOA.
I do a lot of ACEO (trading card) sized cards as well but really like this size best. You can get a lot more going on in the picture and framed, they are just lovely. Oh, and you can collect these too just like the ACEOs and put them in postcard collector's albums.
About this drawing,
there have been a lot of stories going around for awhile now, about the elites and wealthy, building shelters to retreat to whenever....something happens.
In the drawing you see a small city with lovely hills and houses beyond. The sky is alive with activity. Most all the skies I paint or draw have some sort of "things" in them, something, going on in them.
It's gotten to the point to where I can't seem to finish anything without something happening in the sky.
I watch the sky a lot and I guess you could say I'm somewhat obsessed by it. It seems somehow different to me now than it did years ago.  I keep waiting for it to do something. LOL

But, back to the drawing. You see the city and houses, one building is sending out signals, warnings, maybe public alerts to let the people know to flee.
On the road, you see the population running.
At the bottom, the faces of the people who have already gone underground to their shelters.
It is debatable whether or not  they will be safe there, depending of course on the intensity of the meteor and CME bombardment. Time will tell.
Oh, and the UFOs. Let's not overlook them. they are represented by the V shaped objects with the red light.
Their role in the disaster is unknown at this time.
I can't say for certain if they are here to help, to reap benefit's of man's demise or, just to observe.
Again, time will tell.
I'm debating whether or not to put this up on ETSY. If I do later, I'll pop in and post something about it. I've done a lot of pictures in the past few months that, I just can't seem to let go of. LOL
I get attached to the little things.

No comments: